Code of Ethics
As an active member of The Change Leaders, an Oxford based association of highly qualified international consultants and coaches, Dr. Jim Armstrong, as President, the Governance NetworkTM, is committed to the following set of Professional Values and Code of Ethics adopted both by him, his firm, associates and The Change Leaders colleagues.
We are focused on effective change management, and particularly its human face. We:
- Recognise that change is an inherent part in all organizations, whatever their objectives;
- Recognise that our Members and Associates contribute to each other’s learning and business development;
- Fully respect the rights, responsibilities, values and feelings of all individuals with whom we work;
- Operate without discrimination in respect of ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age and religion;
- Respect the laws and regulations of the country in which we are operating;
- Accurately describe all of our activities in our documents, accounts and other materials;
- Reject bribery, and reject the falsification of taxation or other fiduciary controls;
- Fully respect copyright and ownership of intellectual property, processes or propriety know-how;
- Value fair, reliable business relations with clients, supplier and partments, and encourage those with whom we do business to share in our vision of responsible and ethical business practices;
- Aspire to minimize our environmental impact and contribute positively to environmental and social sustainability; and
- Value our global cultural diversity, and commit to contributing value to the communities and societies in which we live and do business.
- Serve our Clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, using a professional approach at all times, and having their best interests as our priority;
- Establish realistic expectations of the benefits and results of our services;
- Treat all Client information that is not public knowledge as confidential;
- Prevent such confidential information from being accessed by unauthorized people and in no way take advantage of proprietary or privileged client information, either for use by ourselves, our for another Client, without express permission;
- Avoid conflict of interest, or the appearance of such; and
- We will disclose to a Client any circumstance or interest that might influence or have the appearance of influencing our judgement and objectivity.
- Only accept engagements in which we possess the expertise necessary to deliver effectively and achieve the agreed goals; and only assign staff with the requisite expertise to client engagements;
- Ensure that before accepting any engagement, a mutual understanding of the objective, scope, work plan, and fee arrangements has been established; and
- Offer to withdraw from an engagement when our objectivity or integrity may be impaired.